Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Stoney River Restaurant
Towson Town Center
Towson, MD 21204
Tuesday, October 18, 2011 at 4:30 pm
Marriott Hunt Valley
245 Shawan Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21031
Cocktails and hors d’oeuvres will be served. Open to all CASE eligible employees with a reservation. There is no fee for members.
The 2011 General Assembly has come to a close. Although CASE experienced some success with unit specific legislation, there were changes made to the pension system for existing employees and new hires of which you should be aware. Please take the time to read over this chart. A special thanks to TABCO for compiling this information.
Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Milton Inn Restaurant
14833 York Road
Sparks, MD 21152
With elections only weeks away members were treated to some last minute politicking by candidates seeking CASE endorsement. Great food, fellowship and a free gift are all good reasons to plan now to attend our Spring Event scheduled for May 18, 2011.
County Executive, Jim Smith, was made an honorary CASE member and was presented an official CASE t-shirt as thanks for his continued support. Senator Nancy Klausmeier addressed membership confirming her commitment to CASE.
Honored guests included:
- Zirkin, Robert (legislative, senator)
- Klausmeier, Katherine (legislative, senator)
- Smith, Jr., James T. (legislative, county executive)
- Kamenetz, Kevin (legislative, county council)
- Moxley, S. G. Samuel (legislative, county council)
- Oliver, Kenneth N. (legislative, county council)
- Olszewski, Sr., John (legislative, county council)
- Cardin, Jon (legislative, delegate)
- Deboy, Sr., Steven J. (legislative, delegate)
- Impallaria, Richard K. (legislative, delegate)
- Lafferty, Steve (legislative, delegate)
- Malone, Jr., James E. (legislative, delegate)
- McDonough, Patrick L. (legislative, delegate)
- Olszewski, Jr., John A. (legislative, delegate)
Thoughts from the Executive Director
For thoughts from our director see this end of year letter (PDF).
Over the past two bargaining cycles, CASE successfully negotiated the following benefits for members:
- Over the past two years, all CASE-represented employees received an 8% salary increase. A restructured scale also offers additional steps for earning opportunities for those CASE-represented employees near or at the top of the old scale.
- Health benefit contributions remain at 90/10. Co-pays for generic drugs have decreased, BC/BS family dental plans have added orthodontics for children, and health benefits have been expanded to include domestic partners.
- Employees who attain the 45-vacation-day cap may now transfer the remaining unused vacation days in any year to his/her respective sick leave. In the past, those days were lost if not used.
- Tuition reimbursements have almost doubled to $750 per course.
- Clearly defined procedures for evaluating CASE employees and a stringent protocol for accessing and maintaining employee files were added to the Master Agreement.
- A Supplement to the Master Agreement, effective July 1, 2008, between CASE and the BOE was added to the Master Agreement that would provide additional stipends to the select school-based administrative teams based on Z scores. This agreement will remain in place until June 2012 but is contingent on funding from the fiscal authorities who, unfortunately, did no fund it for the 2008–2009 school year.
- Retirees are now eligible for vision as well as health and dental benefits.
- CASE, in coalition with the other BCPS bargaining units, successfully blocked the proposal before the BOE to move to a single 403b vendor.